- Sarah King: Restorative Justice Coordinator
- Brittany Anderson: Victim Services Coordinator
- Liz Richards: Director of the Victim Services & Restorative Justice unit
Tuesday, March 1, 2022
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Registration Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-VNokfK5QKa7zhXLthD1ZQ
Description: Staff from the Department of Correction’s (DOC) Victim Services & Restorative Justice unit will present a webinar to reintroduce the unit, talk about the work that the unit does, provide information on issues where there is often confusion, and explore ways to strengthen the partnership between government and community-based advocates and the DOC. Information will focus on:
- Haven registration system: how it functions and why it is important to register;
- Restitution: what is needed in order to have restitution orders implemented during confinement;
- Work Release: what are the various early release programs and what input can survivors have into that process;
- Life Sentences with Parole: what does that mean and how are survivors and next of kin included in the process;
- Restorative Justice: what victim initiated restorative justice practices are available;
- Re-entry to Community: what happens around re-entry and how can victims be involved.
Participants will walk away with more knowledge about these topics as well as additional general information about the services and supports available for victim/survivors/next of kin. The unit is available to work with those who want to engage with the incarcerated person and those who want no contact.
- Gain a basic understanding of the Victim Services & Restorative Justice unit of the DOC, who we are and what we do;
- Gain an understanding of DOC specific post-conviction processes and how victim/survivors can engage in those processes;
- Identify specific ways to strengthen their work with the Victim Services & Restorative Justice unit.