Registration is now closed for the training.
If you’d like to go on the waiting list for the training, please email the following to Danielle:
- Your name
- Organization name
- Phone number
If you have registered for the training and cannot attend, please email Danielle ASAP so we can fill your spot from the waiting list.
About This Training:
The MAC Fundamentals in Victim Services Training is a two-day general crime advocacy training to develop core advocacy knowledge and skills to provide victim-centered services. This training will cover:
• The role and importance of the advocate (both community-based and system-based);
• Working in collaboration with other criminal justice professionals;
• Ethics in advocacy;
• Crime victims’ rights;
• Systems change advocacy;
• Understanding bias, privilege, and oppression;
• Advocate self-care and secondary trauma;
• And MORE.
The training will feature interactive modules to appeal to different styles of learning, with a combination of lecture, small group work, roleplay, and games.
Who Should Attend:
General crime advocates who have been working in the field for one year or less are the primary audience. Advocates with more experience who would like a refresher training to strengthen their understanding of core advocacy may participate, too. Both systems-based and community-based advocates are welcome, as well as law enforcement officers, prosecutors, and other criminal justice system professionals.
Crowne Plaza Bloomington Hotel, 5401 Green Valley Drive, Bloomington, MN 55437
(952) 831-8000 | www.cpmsp.com
FREE for all attendees.
Travel and Meal Reimbursement:
To support your participation in this training, MAC will provide the following support to attendees:
• Mileage reimbursement for one vehicle per organization traveling more than 60 miles roundtrip.
• Reimbursement for one hotel room at the Crowne Plaza Bloomington (at MAC’s group rate of $112.00 per night) on Wednesday and/or Thursday nights for each program traveling more than 60 miles roundtrip to the training. You must make your hotel reservation yourself by June 8, 2017. See below for more information.
• Reimbursement for breakfast Thursday and Friday for organizations staying overnight on Wednesday and Thursday night.
• Reimbursement for lunch on Thursday and Friday for all attendees.
MAC will reimburse organizations, not individuals. If your organization plans to request reimbursement for mileage, lodging, and/or meals, download the Travel Reimbursement Application. Please send this form to MAC by June 16, 2017.
MAC has negotiated a special rate of $112.00 per night (plus taxes) at the Crowne Plaza Bloomington for training attendees. You must make your hotel reservations by June 8th by calling (952) 831-8000 and requesting the room block for “the training for Minnesota Alliance on Crime.” (Note: there are TWO Crowne Plazas in Bloomington. Make sure you are reserving at the hotel at 5401 Green Valley Dr.) The Crowne Plaza offers shuttles to Mall of America.
Friday, June 16, 2017 or when space fills. Register early to ensure your place!