Post-Conviction Claims of Innocence and Exonerations
Trainers: Katie Monroe, Founder & Executive Director, Healing Justice; Andrea Harrison, Victim Family Member; Jennifer Thompson, Crime Survivor
Thursday, September 17, 2020 from 10:00 am to Noon
During this presentation from Healing Justice, you will learn about an emerging area of victim services and acquire information and resources for serving crime victims and survivors in cases involving post-conviction claims of innocence and exonerations. Presenters will address:
– What information victims need during this time of upheaval and uncertainty,
– How to ensure a trauma-informed response, including choice, safety, and privacy,
– How to develop an agency policy that addresses these unique cases,
– How to help victims navigate media attention, and
– Ways to restore victims’ trust in the criminal justice system.
Presenters will also share practical tools for providing victim services in these cases as well as answer case and policy related questions from audience participants.