Trauma and the Developing Brain
– Learn the characteristics of the developing brain.
– Know what dynamics adversely affect this neuro-sequential process.
– Learn how the biology of toxic stress impacts our behavior, our choices, and our future.
The Adverse Childhood Experience Study and Its Relevance to Our Lives
– Understand what the Adverse Childhood Experience Study is.
– Understand why adverse childhood experiences are important individually, in our community, and it the greater society.
The Intersection Between a Normal Adaptive Trauma Response and High-Risk Behavior
– Know the human response to trauma, the accumulation of stress, and the toxic stress effect.
– Learn coping mechanisms and early onset of high-risk behavior.