A meeting for program directors of member programs of the Minnesota Alliance on Crime, the Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women, the Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault, the Minnesota Indian Women’s Sexual Assault Coalition, and Mending the Sacred Hoop.
Agenda Items include:
Dept. of Labor rules
– Changes to exempt employee and overtime rules that go into effect December 1, 2016. What are the changes, what will these rule changes mean for our programs and what are various options programs have to become compliant with the rules?
– Review of other Dept. of Labor rules that impact our programs. E.g. compensation for staff who are on-call and doing overnight coverage.
Board of directors trainings
– OJP is planning board of director trainings. We are seeking input as to what information, training, resources would be helpful to program directors around their boards.
– Are there other suggestions for OJP’s training unit from programs — what is needed for tribal programs, government based programs?
Collaborative fundraising & financial management
– A general discussion on whether it is helpful to do more joint and/or collaborative work on fundraising and/or financial management (e.g. programs in a region jointly approach a foundation, programs negotiating auditor services together to secure lower bids)
If you have other topics that you would like to discuss with other program directors, please let Liz Richards at MCBW know.