The Minnesota Alliance on Crime (MAC) is convening online regional meetings in summer 2022 for our members throughout the state. These FREE meetings are an excellent opportunity for you to discuss emerging issues in your community and to learn more about what’s happening in other regions of the state and at MAC.
This June’s regional meetings will also include a focused discussion led by Bobbi Holtberg, MAC’s Executive Director, on The Office of Justice Program’s new guidelines for their open and competitive RFP process in Spring 2023. The Minnesota Office of Justice Programs (OJP) is prioritizing efforts to improve equity, diversity and inclusion in their grant award and monitoring policies, including but not limited to:
- diversifying representation on the Board of Directors;
- increasing diversity in hiring practices;
- undertaking equity, diversity and inclusion training for all staff and board;
- improving outreach activities that promote the agency’s services in broad and diverse communities, identifying those populations experiencing inequities and/or disparities;
- developing deeper collaborative relationships with agencies serving diverse populations in your community; and
- including representation from diverse voices when seeking input on improving crime victim services provided by your agency.
It is important that grantee programs engage in new ways to reach crime victims not currently being served.
All MAC members are welcome to join us!